Why People Choose Fat Transfer for Optimal Results
- Posted on: Feb 28 2022
In recent years, fat transfer has begun to gain its deserved reputation as a reliable cosmetic procedure to augment and improve various areas of the body. The procedure is based on harvesting and placement techniques that enhance contours and correct certain age-related concerns. Fat transfer involves the extraction of fat via a liposuction technique that preserves the greatest extent of fat cells, and the processing of those cells to their purest form, which is then placed into syringes. The fat is then injected into the area in which augmentation is desired. Usually, the doctor will lay fat cells down in layers to achieve the smoothest, most uniform shaping. Dr. Shridharani has extensive experience performing various fat transfer procedures and has an excellent reputation for achieving natural-looking outcomes.
When is Fat Transfer Ideal?
Fat transfer may be ideal in the following situations:
- To correct age-related volume loss. Volume loss can occur with age and usually affects the hands and face. An experienced surgeon can identify exactly where fat injections can make the biggest impact on a rejuvenated appearance.
- To build shape and definition. Areas in which shape and definition are usually desired include the breasts and the buttocks. The use of fat lends well to the most natural-looking and feeling results in these areas, as they are primarily made up of fatty tissue to begin with.
- There is sufficient fat to achieve the desired outcome. In order for fat transfer to be successful, the patient must have enough fatty tissue to augment the target area. Sometimes, the surgeon may use multiple areas as harvest sites. These often include the abdomen, buttock, and thighs. By extracting fat from any area of the body, this process has a doubly-beneficial outcome of creating better contours in two or more areas.
Why Fat Transfer May be Ideal
Patients choose fat transfer over other augmentation methods for several reasons. These include:
- They have fat where they don’t want it and a lack of contours where they do want them.
- There is a desire to improve the skin. Transferring fat cells from one area to another can improve the appearance of the skin. This can happen through a slight increase in circulation and, most prominently, by an increase in tissue volume either in the deeper layers of the skin or beneath them, as in the case of the Brazilian Butt Lift. When volume is increased in any area, the skin looks plumper and smoother.
- Fat transfer is autologous. More and more patients are leaning into the idea of natural facial rejuvenation and body contouring. Fat provides us with the perfect vehicle to do so. With fat transfer, there is no risk of rejection and very little risk of scarring. For example, a woman who has fat transfer to the breasts doesn’t carry the burden of the risk of capsular contracture.
Fat transfer is the future of aesthetic medicine. To schedule your consultation at Luxurgery in NYC, contact us at (212) 508-0000.
Posted in: Fat Transfer