Plastic Surgery Procedures at with Dr. Shridharani
Dr. Sachin Shridharani of LUXURGERY© specializes in a full array of plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures. Dr. Shridharani also offers a wide variety of minimally invasive or non-surgical cosmetic procedures and treatments as well. Listed below is a full list of the services offered here at LUXURGERY© in NYC.
How Does CoolSculpting Compare to Liposuction?
We offer several different forms of body contouring in our NYC plastic surgery facility. CoolSculpting is one of the most well-known nonsurgical treatments performed to reduce unwanted fat. Liposuction is the most common surgical technique for achieving a more slender figure. The two techniques are similar in that they are intended for the same goal, to sculpt one or more areas of the body by removing excess fat cells. They can each be performed on various areas of the body, large and small, including the thighs, abdomen, back, chest, and neck. That said, it's important to differentiate between the two when it comes to the treatment process and results.
- Liposuction removes up to six liters of fat cells in one treatment. CoolSculpting eliminates up to 25 percent of the fat cells that can be contained within the applicator, which is a much smaller area.
- You may need a few days off after liposuction to recover. After CoolSculpting, you can immediately resume your full level of activity.
- While you'll have some swelling after liposuction, you can expect to see noticeable results right away. You may need a series of CoolSculpting treatments to see more profound effects, the soonest of which may appear about two weeks after your session.
- Both treatments permanently remove the targeted fat cells!
How Should I Prepare for Plastic Surgery?
- Avoid Smoking and Nicotine Use. Smoking and nicotine restrict the oxygenation that comes with efficient blood flow. It is advantageous to stop smoking at least six weeks before surgery.
- Stop Alcohol Consumption. Alcohol is a blood-thinning agent. Consuming alcoholic beverages can increase the risk of bleeding, hematoma, and may also inhibit optimal healing if consumed within two weeks of surgery.
- Reduce Caffeine Intake. Consuming a cup of coffee in the morning should not create significant surgical risks. It is high levels of caffeine in the bloodstream that creates concern. Caffeine increases heart rate and blood pressure, so should be limited to no more than two cups a day before surgery as well as during recovery.
- Check Your Vitamins and Supplements. Like alcohol, some medications and supplements can thin the blood. Also, some medications and supplements may adversely react with others. It's important to bring a list of your current substance use to your consultation so we can plan well in advance should you need to change any prescriptions.
- Create a Recovery Plan. We'll talk with you about what you can expect after your chosen procedure. With this information, you can plan for adequate time off work, help around the house, and also ways to stay occupied while your social life and activity level are limited.
What Activities Should I Avoid after Plastic Surgery, and for How Long?
Should you choose to undergo any plastic surgery procedure, be it for facial rejuvenation or body contouring, you may be instructed to avoid strenuous exercise for about six weeks. Your pushing, pulling, and lifting ability may be diminished for some time, and, depending on your procedure, you may need to skip your go-to workouts for several weeks. That said, you will be expected to start walking soon after your procedure. This sustains the blood flow that is needed to facilitate optimal tissue recovery.
What Can I Do about Facial Aging?
There are several factors that contribute to facial aging. Behind the scenes, the very structure of the face is rearranged with the passage of time. The fat that fills out certain areas redistributes with age, causing a change in the overall shape of areas like the forehead and temples, cheeks, and jawline. This leads to fullness and sagging at the jawline, known as jowls, and the flattening of the cheek area. At the same time, the degeneration of collagen, elastin, and a decrease in available hyaluronic acid in the skin leads to lines, wrinkles, creases, and a downturned mouth.
We have more ways to address the aging face today than we've had in many years. Here at Luxurgery, we can help you explore the options that appeal to you the most, be it surgical or nonsurgical in nature, so you can regain a sense of control over your unique aging process. We have numerous options to choose from, including facelift surgery, our minimally invasive neck lift, injectable wrinkle reducers, and tissue volumizers, and more!