Is Liposuction Right For You?
- Posted on: Aug 30 2015
Liposuction is a very popular plastic surgery procedure throughout the country—but is it right for you? Keep reading to learn more.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure designed to remove extra fat. It can be used on many areas of the body. It is commonly used to remove fat from the abdomen, inner and outer thighs, hips and buttocks, upper back, arms, and neck.
What can you do to get the best results?
Liposuction is most successful when patients are at a healthy stable weight. Before considering liposuctions, take the following steps to improve your health:
• Increase your daily activity. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, go for a walk during your lunch break, switch to a standing desk, or park your car further away when you are shopping.
• Make smart substitutions in your diet. Drink water instead of soda, snack on carrots, celery and nuts instead of chips or pretzels, eat chicken and turkey instead of pork and beef, and have yogurt or oatmeal for breakfast instead of a bagel or cold cereal.
• Find an exercise you like. Regular exercise is essential to reaching and maintaining a healthy weight. You’ll be much more likely to exercise if you actually like what you are doing. Try going for a run with a friend, taking a boxing class at a local gym, or hiking in a nearby canyon to make your exercise time more enjoyable.
Who should consider liposuction?
Liposuction can help you improve your appearance, but it isn’t right for everyone. Consider the following:
• Liposuction cannot be used as a substitute for healthy diet and exercise. It will not help you lose weight.
• Liposuction works best on those who are healthy, but who have stubborn pockets of fat that wont respond to diet and exercise.
• Liposuction is not used to treat stretch marks, dimpled thighs, or cellulite.
• Liposuction works well in patients with good skin elasticity and identifiable fat deposits.
To learn more about liposuction and other cosmetic procedures that can improve your appearance and your confidence, schedule an appointment with Dr. Shridharani.
Posted in: Body Procedures