Tummy Tuck Surgery: What you Need to Know
- Posted on: May 30 2016
Springtime is a time of year when nature is renewed. Is it the singing birds or warmth of the sunshine that causes us to reflect more on appearance at this time? Perhaps, but we think it has more to do with the soon-coming of summer. To get swimsuit ready, many of our patients consider if now is the right time to schedule abdominoplasty.
Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck surgery, is a big decision, but not one that you need to put off. It is never a bad time to put your needs front and center. To help you determine how you want to go about refreshing your appearance, we offer the full extent of information you need. Like any plastic surgery procedure, abdominoplasty should be approached with realistic expectations, and these can only come from education.
Considerations for Abdominoplasty
One of the biggest considerations our patients must make is how they will recover from their tummy tuck surgery. We have established a brief list of post-surgical do’s and dont’s:
DO . . .
- Allow others to take care of you as you heal.
- Take good care of your body. This means rest, fluids, and healthy foods.
- Take pain medication before you need it. No need to see how much discomfort you can take!
- Remember that the end-result will come in time. Be patient.
- Feel good about taking this step to get the body you have wanted!
- Enjoy the outdoors. A short walk, sitting on the porch; these things can lift your spirits as you heal.
- Pay attention to physical ques. If you feel something isn’t right, call us.
DON’T . . .
- Drive yourself anywhere.
- Lift your kids, your pets, or anything hefty.
- Resume your daily chores. Leave the laundry, cooking, and other tasks to someone else.
- Resume your outdoor activities. Even gardening can inhibit your healing because of the stretching and bending you will do.
- Go shopping. A friend or family member can get the groceries, cook the food, and deliver it to your bedside. How nice does that sound?
- After abdominoplasty, you can go for a nice stroll, but that is all.
- Drink soda. It can cause you to become uncomfortably bloated.
- Consume lots of salt (packaged foods); it causes swelling.
Want more information about the tummy tuck procedure? Call Luxurgery at (212) 508-0000.
Posted in: Tummy Tuck